Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 6:30 a.m. & 12:00 noon
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 7:00 AM & 6:00 p.m.
Sundays: 7:00 AM & 9:00 a.m.
A brief history of the Cathedral
The first Church on this site, a wooden structure, was built and blessed in 1823 by Fr. Joseph Rendon S.J. The great storm of 1875 damaged this structure and destroyed the adjacent cemetery. In 1877, Fr. Farrelly directed repairs, the addition of the steeple and the towers, and enlarging of the sanctuary.
The present structure was built in stages: under Fr. Collins more land was acquired and the adjacent Presbytery and school were added. From 1919 – 1946, under the direction of Fr. Charles Verbeke, O.S.B., additional renovations in combinations of Flemish, Moorish, Venetian, Byzantine and Romanesque architectural styles were made. In 1930, came the addition of two wings to the Cathedral to accommodate a growing congregation.
From January 31, 1971 it served as a Co-Cathedral under Bishop Anthony Dickson from Barbados.